1968 Mercedes Benz 280SL pagoda in beautiful tobacco brown. This 4 speed manual beauty is in beautiful patina’d condition. Enjoy working through the gears and hearing the famed zing of the 280sl exhaust note. Go back in time and cruise in pure class through the California coast with the smooth inline 6. Enjoy the elegance of the slim steering wheel and smile ear to ear with a simple honk.
IMPORTANT: Advanced experience of driving stick shift. Minimum 1 year daily driving stick. If you stall or miss a shift once during the demo drive, your rental will be forfeited. This classic car is not one to “learn” on. By booking you are agreeing to these terms.
- Not a rain or shine vehicle. Shine only. It’s a permanent open top, no bookings with rain forecasted.
- Since it’s permanently open, it highly vulnerable to theft. You must park in a safe location. For any overnight rental, it must be parked inside a secure garage.
- 91 gas only. 21.7 gallon tank. Please return at same gas level. I can fill for convenience but charge by 1/4 tanks at $7 a gal. ($38 per quarter tank).
Recommended 1 day itinerary. Google maps directions available upon request.
1. Pick up car in AM and drive scenic route through switchbacks and ocean views and valet in style at Terranea resort.
2. Beat the crowd to brunch at Nelsons, and enjoy an Arnold Palmer and truffle fries with an oceanfront view. Stroll down to Terranea beach and climb onto Hudson’s Bluff.
3. Take a nice cruise on PV drive W towards Redondo beach and back scenic way via PV drive N to drop off.
8am-7pm. You can park your car on the street