Very original 1964 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia Coupe.
- Classic look with stock wheels and all original exterior trim.
- Original interior in brick red, original Pearl White paint on dashboard.
- Front disc brakes.
- Converted to 12v, with a Porsche generator.
- Paint is in rough shape but car still photographs quite nicely.
- Upgraded 4:12 transmission drives great.
- Stock 1200 motor.
- No radio (yet), no USB charger (yet), no AC.
- Lap belts on front seats.
READ BELOW, IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
Important general information:
- This a two-seater sport coupe. So, it is really intended for two people. The rear can barely be called seating space and is more of a cargo area. A third person might ride fine in the back if he or she is a kid old enough to ride legally without a car seat, and small enough to fit in there comfortably. Either way, we do not recommend it.
- This car has an upgraded transmission with a longer fourth gear. It can cruise very comfortably at 65 mph on highways, reaching 70 and maintaining that speed with fairly low effort.
When requesting the car for driving I ask that you please:
- Provide information about yourself beyond your name and where you are from. Please specify if you are a classic car owner, if you are a classic VW owner, or if you do not own or drive classic cars regularly. As stringent as the vetting process from Hagerty is, it can be very hard for us as owners to decide to rent our cars out to be driven over just a vague exchange online, without knowing much about the person wanting to rent from us. The more we can get to know you and your interests, the better.`
- Provide as much as detail as possible as to where / how far you intend to drive the vehicle.
- Provide details about where you will be staying, and where the vehicle will stay overnight. Will it be garaged? Will it be outside under a roof? Will it sleep outside on the street? Etc.
When renting for a photo or video shoot, AND/OR when renting for use during an event:
- Please specify if the car will be parked/stationary or driven/moving during your shoot/event. If intending to drive, specify who and if this person has driven these cars before (this is not a deal breaker but important for us to know).
- If the vehicle will be parked at your event, please specify if it will be within reach of guests or not (an example where it *would not be* would be if used as art/display behind velvet ropes).
- Please specify if you intend to have people inside or on top of the car, or just posing outside of it next to it. If objects might be laid against the vehicle (touching it), please specify that as well.
Chauffeured rentals are not offered on this vehicle.