One of 145 left hand drive RMBs built in 1951, this Riley was acquired from the estate of revered Riley restoration expert and collector Bill Lewis when the family made the decision to find a new owner after it spent many years untouched in Bill’s garage.
Upon its acquisition in 2015 the car began its journey back to drive-ability replacing the braking system, new tires, rebuilt: twin carburetors, water and fuel pump, cooling system, reupholstered seats, new carpeting, rewiring, paint and body work to a “preservation” state of restoration.
Riley was well known for innovation by being an early adopter of dual overhead cams, twin carburetors, four speed on the floor, torsion bar suspension, hybrid mechanical and hydraulic brake system and one of the first saloons capable of 100mph via its 100 hp inline 4 cylinder 2.5L engine.
Here is a link to access, download and review its provenance
4 speed floor mounted shift