I have owned the car for over 20 years. It has a new rebuilt engine, new tires, upgraded rims, but the original rims can be put back on to bring it to the original look.
I went back to the original color and had major work done to make it perfect on the outside.
Starting back in July 2020 I brought my BMW back from the body shop and started the process of putting all the components back into my car. The project was a major undertaking as I replaced the headliner, reupholster all the seats, new seals and gaskets for the windows, doors, and trunk.
I added speakers to the back seat tray and a tube sub woofer in the trunk for my sounds system. The chrome was polished and new mounting plastic clips were used.
It is a very solid build and original.
READ BELOW, IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
Important general information:
- This car is ideal for one or two persons. Four adults could travel fine but rear seating area, while not small for the car, is, well, the rear seat of a 2-door 50+ year old car. Probably fine for two children old enough to ride legally without a car seat, and small enough to fit in there comfortably.
When requesting the car for driving I ask that you please:
- Provide information about yourself beyond your name and where you're from. Please specify if you are a classic car owner, if you are a classic BMW owner, or if you do not own or drive classic cars regularly. As stringent as the vetting process from Hagerty is, It's very hard for us as owners to decide to rent our cars out to be driven over just a vague exchange online, without knowing much about the person wanting to rent from us. The more we can get to know you and your interests, the better.`
- Provide as much as detail as possible as to where / how far you intend to drive the vehicle.
- Provide details about where you will be staying, and where the vehicle will stay overnight. Will it be garaged? Will it be outside under a roof? Will it sleep outside on the street? Etc.
When renting for a photo or video shoot, AND/OR when renting for use during an event:
- Please specify if the car will be parked/stationary or driven/moving during your shoot/event. If intending to drive, specify who and if this person has driven these cars before (this is not a deal breaker but important for us to know).
- If the vehicle will be parked at your event, please specify if it will be within arm's reach of guests or not (an example where it *wouldn't be* would be if used as art/display behind velvet ropes).
- Please specify if you intend to have people inside or on top of the car, or just posing outside of it next to it. If objects might be laid against the vehicle (touching it), please specify that as well.
Chauffeured rentals is offered on this vehicle for two adults only... and i would be the driver. Please let me know where you are going and how long you would like to be there before returning.
Rental for event and Chauffeur Times are 0900-1700. Not to go over 100 miles radius and no off roads, dirt roads, no wet weather usage.