Very original 1969 BMW 2002.
- Granada red, classic look, currently sitting on Alpina style wheels. Has all original exterior trim.
- Black interior, front seat belts, Bluetooth stereo. Original upholstery seats were sourced, cleaned, and installed along with a brand new carpet kit in late 2019.
- Car was completely gone through in summer 2019. Fluids drained, electrical and brakes gone through. Motor mounts replaced and more.
- 4-speed manual transmission has its quirks but it’s generally working quite well.
- Some parts of the exterior show rust bubbles but car still photographs well.
- Lowered 1.5 inches with shorter springs.
- No USB charger (yet), no AC.
READ BELOW, IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
Important general information:
- This car is ideal for one or two persons. Four adults could travel fine but rear seating area, while not small for the car, is, well, the rear seat of a 2-door 50+ year old car. Probably fine for two children old enough to ride legally without a car seat, and small enough to fit in there comfortably.
When requesting the car for driving I ask that you please:
- Provide information about yourself beyond your name and where you're from. Please specify if you are a classic car owner, if you are a classic BMW owner, or if you do not own or drive classic cars regularly. As stringent as the vetting process from Hagerty is, It's very hard for us as owners to decide to rent our cars out to be driven over just a vague exchange online, without knowing much about the person wanting to rent from us. The more we can get to know you and your interests, the better.`
- Provide as much as detail as possible as to where / how far you intend to drive the vehicle.
- Provide details about where you will be staying, and where the vehicle will stay overnight. Will it be garaged? Will it be outside under a roof? Will it sleep outside on the street? Etc.
When renting for a photo or video shoot, AND/OR when renting for use during an event:
- Please specify if the car will be parked/stationary or driven/moving during your shoot/event. If intending to drive, specify who and if this person has driven these cars before (this is not a deal breaker but important for us to know).
- If the vehicle will be parked at your event, please specify if it will be within arm's reach of guests or not (an example where it *wouldn't be* would be if used as art/display behind velvet ropes).
- Please specify if you intend to have people inside or on top of the car, or just posing outside of it next to it. If objects might be laid against the vehicle (touching it), please specify that as well.
Chauffeured rentals are not offered on this vehicle.
Car must be picked up and dropped off by renter at zip code 33138. Drop-off by owner could be available depending on my schedule and how far you are. If you’re renting this for a shoot/event, I will likely drop it off and might request to be present during shoot depending on what type of shoot it is.